Crime, Courts & Emergencies
Latest Crime, Courts & Emergencies
Readers have asked us why access to some of the Herald’s online content now involves answering a survey question. The reason is simple: To help keep the Herald’s website a free source of community news and information.
Many newspapers, including several in Minnesota, now have a fee for access to their web sites. Our goal is to keep the Herald site open to all.
There are, however, costs involved in gathering news and operating the website. So rather than charge for access, we have begun including reader surveys on some articles. This type of advertising provides us a small payment for each completed survey and, most importantly, costs our readers nothing.
No personal information is gathered in the survey process. Rather, the information is aggregated to give national companies general guidelines to help with their marketing campaigns.
We hope that these surveys, which take only a few seconds to complete, prove to be a good way to support our web site operations — without cost to our readers.
- Suspects with gun, knife rob liquor store | Add your comment
- Firefighters rescue dog from house fire | Add your comment
- Garage destroyed, house damaged in morning fire | Add your comment
- Convictions: Aug. 3-9 | Add your comment
- Police reports: Aug. 16-17 | Add your comment
- Police reports: Aug. 14-15 | Add your comment
- Austin man sentenced to 12 years in prison for molesting toddler | Add your comment
- 3 arrested on drug charges in Austin | Add your comment
- Rochester man charged with fracturing victim’s rib | Add your comment
- Authorities exhume body in 1980 murder Technology may help ID victim | Add your comment