Crime, Courts & Emergencies
Latest Crime, Courts & Emergencies
Readers have asked us why access to some of the Herald’s online content now involves answering a survey question. The reason is simple: To help keep the Herald’s website a free source of community news and information.
Many newspapers, including several in Minnesota, now have a fee for access to their web sites. Our goal is to keep the Herald site open to all.
There are, however, costs involved in gathering news and operating the website. So rather than charge for access, we have begun including reader surveys on some articles. This type of advertising provides us a small payment for each completed survey and, most importantly, costs our readers nothing.
No personal information is gathered in the survey process. Rather, the information is aggregated to give national companies general guidelines to help with their marketing campaigns.
We hope that these surveys, which take only a few seconds to complete, prove to be a good way to support our web site operations — without cost to our readers.
- Traffic stop uncovers large quantity of meth | Add your comment
- Pedestrian hit in Austin Saturday | Add your comment
- Car missing since July now reported as stolen | Add your comment
- Victim shot by pellet gun at Austin gas station | Add your comment
- Convictions: Nov. 18-22 | Add your comment
- House destroyed by fire; family OK | Add your comment
- Officials: Bellrichard threatens to set fire to homes of attorneys, cop | Add your comment
- Bellrichard pleads not guilty to escaping custody | Add your comment
- Unsuccessful break-ins result in damaged buildings | Add your comment
- No one hurt in morning fire; cars damaged | Add your comment