Photos: Exploring ag
Published 3:46 pm Wednesday, June 29, 2022
The first-ever Ag & Food Science Exploration Day, a one-day event for local University of Minnesota 4-H Extension students, was held Wednesday in joint collaboration between Riverland Community College and Mower County 4-H Extension.
This program was offered for all Mower County students and other area 4-H students providing students the opportunity to learn more about agriculture and food science technology.
In 2022, participants learned about areas including:
Email newsletter signup
• Agricultural equipment and machinery;
• Commonly used fertilizers in corn and soybean production;
• Soil sampling and how fertilizers are applied;
• Seed corn and seed beans and how to read seed tags; and
• Remote sensing/drone technologies and more.