Letter: How to navigate the crisis in Ethiopia
Published 5:37 pm Tuesday, December 7, 2021
I urge you to support:
• The democratically elected government of Ethiopia and work towards an immediate withdrawal and disarmament of TPLF forces, who initiated the conflict and continued their atrocities into the neighboring regions.
• The demand for cessation of attacks against aid routes by the TPLF and repurposing of aid trucks for their insurgency efforts.
• Representative Malinowski’s language on Ethiopia in the NDAA. It is contrary to the central conclusions of UN-OHCHR’s report. This amendment ignores established facts where the OHCHR did not find evidence to support the claim of genocide.
• Senator Coons’ Ethiopia language in S. 3075, the Senate FY 2022 State and Foreign Operations Appropriations bill.
• Delisting Ethiopia from AGOA as this will impact thousands of lives.
Austin, MN 55912