Riverland campuses open for the first time since March
Riverland Community College has reopened buildings at the Austin and Albert Lea campuses as of this past Monday.
The Owatonna campus will open on July 20.
Service hours for the three sites will be 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, unless you have classes or appointments that state otherwise.
“As the restrictions have loosened to allow more face-to-face interactions, Riverland will have some staff in every department to assist potential and current students,” said Riverland President Dr. Adenuga Atewologun. “Several protocols have been put into place to protect visitors and employees in accordance with current state and national safety guidelines.”
Visitors will notice some changes and requirements when going to the sites. Many of these things are being implemented to protect the health of employees as well as customers:
• Lobbies are open during our regular weekday hours. It is advised to call ahead for an appointment for faster and safer service.
• Consider continuing to use phone, email, and online options if that can fit your service needs.
• Only certain doors to the building will be open and visitors will be screened for symptoms upon entry. For the Albert Lea Campus, enter through the A1 door. For the Austin Campus East Building, enter through the E7 door; for the West Building, enter through the W1 door. For the Owatonna Campus, enter through the main entrance.
• You will fill out a brief questionnaire at the entrance. You may also complete an online questionnaire before coming to campus to save time.
• If you are sick, or if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, do not come to campus.
If you do come to one of our offices, please consider the following:
• Limit the number of people you bring with you to campus.
• Practice social distancing. Markings on the floor will act as guidance.
• Masks are not required, but they are encouraged.
• Hand washing hygiene is encouraged when visiting.
• If you are scheduled to meet with someone, let the entry staff know so they can provide further direction to you. Social distancing will be maintained throughout your visit.
• The library will be open to potential and current students from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Computer labs are open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Visit www.riverland.edu/healthupdate for the most updated information prior to visiting.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 507-433-0600.
Monday’s opening marked the first time the Riverland campuses have been open to the public since closing in mid-march for the safety of students and employees and protect all from the COVID-19 virus.