Library continues curbside pickup
The Austin Public Library has updated its curbside pick-up option.
Pick-ups can be arranged between 10 a.m. to noon and 2-4 p.m. Monday through Friday. These will be the only times available..
Those wishing to take advantage of the service have two options to reserve items:
• Online — go to www.austinpubliclibrary.org and click “Catalog” to search for the items available. Selection from search results and place a request for each item as usual.
• By phone — Call 433-2391 and speak with one of the librarians who will assist you.
SELCO has restarted its inter-library loan, which means items can come not only from the Austin Public Library, but other regional libraries as well. However, MnLink statewide requests are still not available.
When items are ready for pickup, library staff will call. When you arrive, stay in your vehicle and staff will come ask for your name and bring your items to you to either be placed in the passenger side seat or trunk.
• All due dates have been extended. No fines will be assigned on materials while closed to the public.
• All returned materials need to go in the drive-up book drop. Staff will not be taking them personally. If you are returning a hotspot or Chromebook, call 433-2391 to set up a time to return those items. Do not put either of those two items in the book drop.
• People will have a week to pick up your items after you are notified by library staff that they are ready for pick up.
• Please be patient as this is a new process and subject to change.