Paint the Town Pink making big push this week
Events continue as the community comes together to “Raise a Record” for Paint the Town Pink during its 10th year.
“Every dollar given to The Hormel Institute funds innovative research to help prevent and control cancer,” said Dr. Ann M. Bode, interim executive director. “Paint the Town Pink has funded 13 grants and this critically important research wouldn’t be possible without you, the community.”
This week’s Paint the Town Pink events include:
• St. Mark’s Living is holding a luncheon and bake sale from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday. Lunch is available for $10 and includes loaded potato or chicken noodle soup, sandwich, and choice of pie. All proceeds go to Paint the Town Pink.
• Home Federal’s annual craft fair will take place in the lobby from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 8. Over 15 vendors will be offering their unique items.
• “Pecos Bill & Slue-Foot Sue Meet the Dirty Dan Gang” by the Matchbox Children’s Theatre will offer pictures with cast members for a free will donation to Paint the Town Pink after shows. Shows are 7 p.m. on Feb. 7-8 and 2 p.m. Feb. 9. Tickets are available online and at the Austin Artworks Center and Paramount Theatre.
• Austin Bruins Paint the Rink Pink game starts at 7:05 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 8, at Riverside Arena. This is the event that started it all! Tickets are sold at Austin Hy-Vee, Holiday Inn, Games People Play, and Jim’s Marketplace Foods. Be sure to get your tickets before they sell out.
• Smashing Cancer Demo Derby will take place from 1-3 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 9, at the Mower County Fairgrounds. Food, beverages and silent auction will be available in the heated Purple Ribbon Plaza. Admission is $10; $5 for ages 5-12. For rules contact Masters of Disasters at 507-383-0094.
Details about other upcoming Paint the Town Pink events can be found on the Paint the Town Pink website at hi.umn.edu/pttp.
Look for information about a summer concert, fall gala, and more in the coming months.
If you would like your event added to the Paint the Town Pink calendar, visit www.hi.umn.edu/pttp/tell-us-about-your-event or email Paint the Town Pink Director Kathi Finley at GoPTTP@gmail.com.
WASHINGTON — Standing before a Congress and a nation sharply divided by impeachment, President Donald Trump used his State of... read more