Authorities respond to garage fire in Taopi
The Mower County Sheriff’s Office and Adams Fire Department were called out to Taopi Monday night to deal with a garage fire.
The fire, located at a detached garage on Elm Street, was reported at about 7:52 p.m.
An individual said the walls near the chimney of a wood stove were smoking and appeared to be on fire, said Mower County Sheriff Steve Sandvik.
The home on the property was occupied and the garage was being used, he said.
When responders arrived on scene, firefighters pulled back parts of the wall and extinguished the smoldering insulation and other building material that was in it.
Nobody was injured during the incident and the damage was estimated to be between $1,500 and $2,000, Sandvik said.
“It was caught relatively quickly,” he said.
The Adams Fire Department did not call for assistance from the Minnesota Fire Marshal’s Office as it was obvious the fire was located where a pipe from the heat stove connected to the wall, Sandvik said.
Question: My question is, if I see someone texting and they are driving in an unsafe manner (crossing in and... read more