Austin Community Scholarship Committee awards $63K for 2019-20
Published 6:04 am Tuesday, October 22, 2019
The Austin Community Scholarship Committee recently announced that scholarships, totaling $63,000, have been awarded to 21 local students for the academic year starting this fall 2019.
With these announced awards, over $1,094,000 has been given to 756 students since the first awards were given in 1962.
Email newsletter signup
Funds for the awards include former scholarship recipients, generous contributions from individuals, memorial gifts, and estate bequests. Contributions have also come from local businesses and organizations including The Hormel Foundation, Hormel Foods Corporation and other companies through their Matching Gifts Program.
The scholarship program is carried on without significant expense, most administration and professional services being donated.
Scholarships are available to students entering their junior or senior year of college or postgraduate study and who are candidates for a degree at an accredited college in the United States. Recipients may pursue any curriculum leading to a degree. Applications are available in May and must be made each year. Applicants or their parents must be residents of Mower County, London Township in Freeborn County;or Union or Otranto Townships in Mitchell County, Iowa.
To learn more about the scholarship program application and requirements, send an email to email@example.com or contact Alice Holst, at (507) 438-6035.
Committee members include Craig Johnson, Erin McClimon, Patricia Stevens, Tom Sherman, Scott Richardson, Kathy Green, Eric Vaughn, Brooks Holton and Alice Holst.
The students to whom awards were made and their indicated college of choice includes:
- John Aase, University of Northwestern, St. Paul
- Isaac Arnold, Iowa State University
- Ivy Arnold, University of Minnesota
- Daniel Bollingberg, University of St. Thomas
- Trent Brown, University of Minnesota
- Hannah Byers-Sunde, Augsburg University
- Erin Dankert, Des Moines University
- Jasmin Edge, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- Olivia Gray, Iowa State University
- Margaret Handel, Great Lakes Maritime Academy
- Alex Hansen, Winona State University
- Katelyn Hillson, South Dakota State University
- Chris Kirchgatter, University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse
- Madison Klein, Minnesota State University-Mankato
- Joseph Kroymann, Colorado State University
- Paige Raymond, University of Minnesota
- Abigail Schammel, Gustavus Adolphus
- Katie Waller, Winona State University
- Mary Wilrodt, South Dakota State University
- Hannah Burkhart, South Dakota State University
- Jackson Hample, University of Minnesota