Man accused of making terroristic threats and brandishing knife

Published 10:13 am Saturday, September 7, 2019

An Austin man has been charged with making terroristic threats.

Kenneth Eugene Stoltz, Jr., 56, has been charged with one count felony terroristic threats relating to an incident on Sept. 4, that included allegedly brandishing a knife. He’s also been charged with gross misdemeanor obstruct legal process-resist arrest.

Kenneth Eugene Stoltz, Jr., 56

According to court documents, on the afternoon of Sept. 4 around 2:34 p.m. Austin police officers were dispatched to the 900 block of Fourth Ave. SW after it was reported by a resident that a male subject had threatened to killer her. The victim also reported that Stoltz was standing on the front steps of his residence.

Email newsletter signup

Police observed Stoltz riding a bike near the intersection of Eighth St. and Fourth Ave. SW and detained him. Stoltz allegedly struggled and was taken to the ground where officers advised him of potential use of a Taser.

Stoltz said he thought the victim had been stalking his adult daughter and admitted that he yelled at the victim and threatened the victim saying that if they did not leave the daughter alone Stoltz would kill them.

Stoltz indicated that he intended to scare “them” away according to the complaint.

Officers seized the knife from Stoltz’s house and talked with the daughter who admitted she didn’t know the victim.

After showing Stoltz the knife, he indicated that it was the knife he used in the threat.

The complaint goes on to say that police spoke to the victim who claimed that daughter came out of the defendant’s  house and started pointing at her and said that she, “was going crazy.”

Stoltz then allegedly exited the house and yelled, “Oh, that (expletive) over there? You’re going to die!”

The victim then claimed Stoltz went back inside the house and returned with the knife while sitting on the steps. The victim claimed she has had no previous interaction with the daughter or Stoltz.

Stoltz faces a maximum sentence of five years in jail and/or $10,000 fine if convicted for the threats.

Stoltz is due back in court on Sept. 19.