2019 CRC local scholarship recipients announced
Cooperative Response Center, Inc. (CRC) is pleased to announce the six Austin recipients of its 2019 scholarship program, each awarded $1,000 for their post-secondary education costs.
This year’s local scholarship recipients, all graduating from Austin High School, are as follows:
• Sarah Bachmeier plans to attend the University of Mary in Bismarck, North Dakota, to study nursing.
• Signe Fadness will attend Luther College in Decorah, Iowa, to pursue a degree in nursing.
• Sarah Hillson plans to attend the University of Northwestern in St. Pau to pursue degrees in intercultural studies and music.
• Eleanor Hinchcliffe plans to attend either Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter or St. Olaf College in Northfield to pursue an English degree.
• Maia Irvin will attend Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa, to study journalism.
• Chloe Sheehan, the daughter of CRC employee Aimee Sheehan, will attend South Dakota State University in Brookings, South Dakota, in the fall to study biology.
This is the 11th year CRC has offered a scholarship program to local graduates. In October 2018, students in the communities in which CRC has offices — Austin, Dunlap, Tennessee, and Abilene, Texas – were invited to apply for a 2019 CRC scholarship.The scholarship recipients were selected in May.
“Each year we’re always impressed by the pool of candidates who apply for a CRC scholarship,” said Chris Holt, CRC’s president and CEO. “Typically we only give out six $1,000 scholarships each year but doubled the amount in 2019 due to the impressive quality of the applications. Congratulations to the students on their recent high school graduations and best of luck to them as they continue their educational journeys. Their hard work, dedication, and commitment to community are to be commended.”
Area youth have a chance to learn more about safety in June. The first 2019 Mower County Progressive Ag Safety... read more