Paint the Town Pink Calendar
Published 6:00 am Friday, January 25, 2019
This year’s Paint the Town Pink fundraiser features numerous fun opportunities for people to give to cancer research. Events, times and locations are subject to change. For more information, visit www.hi.umn.edu/pttp/
Plunging for Pink
- When: 12:30-3:30 p.m.
- Where: East Side Lake
- This polar plunge helps raise funds for cancer research. Participants are asked to raise a minimum donation amount of $50 in order to plunge into the frigid waters of icy East Side Lake. You can jump as a team or as an individual. To register, visit www.plungingforpink.com.
- When: Starting at 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Austin Eagles Aerie 703
- Whether you are plunging or not, come out and celebrate with the Eagles.
Email newsletter signup
Austin Girls Basketball Pink Out Night
- When: 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Ove Bernen Gym, Austin High School
Kiwanis Aktion Club Soup/Chili Fundraiser
- When: 4-7 p.m.
- Where: Mower County Senior Center
- All you can eat chicken dumpling soup and chili supper fundraiser sponsored the People First Aktion Club of Mower County. Advance tickets are $7 for adults and $5 for children ages 4 to 10. Tickets at the door are $9 for adults and $7 for children ages 4 to 10. Children ages 3 and under are free. Advanced tickets can be purchased at The Arc Mower County office. Proceeds will be used by People First Aktion Club and donated to Paint the Town Pink.
“Paint the Air Pink” KAUS Radiothon
Paint the Rink Pink
- When: 7:05 p.m.
- Where: Riverside Arena
- The Austin Bruins will host the Minnesota Magicians during this special game, which has always had a sold out crowd. Aside from the hockey action, the Bruins will hold a post-game jersey auction.
Paint the Town Pink Craft Show
- When: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: Home Federal Bank
- Items for sale include Scentsy, Soaps by Dawn, 31, Creations by Peggy and Annette, Little Wendy Bird, SeneGence, Pampered Chef, Essential Oils and Norwex.
Rose Creek Pink Out
- When: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: Various Rose Creek locations
- Events begin with a breakfast from 9-11 a.m. at the Creek Bar and Grill. Price is a freewill donation. The Creek Bar and Grill will also host an all day silent auction from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and will feature karaoke, cake walk and bake sale. Vintage snowmobile rides will be offered at noon, weather permitting, for a freewill offering. A bean bag tournament will take place starting at 1 p.m. at the Rose Creek Fire Station, and a puck shot contest will be held from 3-4:30 p.m. at the Park Tennis Courts, weather permitting. For more information, call Craig Weis at 507-460-0279.
Fishing for a Cure
- When: Noon to 2 p.m.
- Where: East Side Lake
- Registration begins at 11 a.m.
YMCA Paint the Town Pink 5k Walk/Run
- When: 10 a.m.
- Where: Mower County Fairgrounds
- Cost is $15.
Smashing Cancer Demolition Derby
- When: 1-3 p.m.
- Where: Mower County Fairgrounds Grandstand