Humane society seeking donations
Published 8:18 am Saturday, December 15, 2018
During the holiday season, many people will take the step of donating to a cause.
There are several worthy causes including, but certainly not limited to, the Salvation Army and Red Cross. These organizations need your help in order to provide services that help not just some people but all people in times of need.
However, we would also urge you to think not just about your fellow man or woman, but the furry creatures of the world as well like our very own Mower County Humane Society. Under a tight budget, the humane society works each day to rescue lost or abandoned cats and dogs and strives extra hard to make sure as many of these animals find loving homes that welcome them as family.
Email newsletter signup
But these budget constraints push the humane society to rely on the community around them to help them and this year is no different.
A recent Facebook post on the Mower County Humane Society’s page listed those things in most need at the shelter and that list will be printed with this editorial.
We hope that during this festive time of year, not only will you think about donating to a humane cause but a four-legged cause as well.
These supplies will go toward the continued effort of finding homes for these animals as well as keeping them happy and healthy.
Humane society requested items
- Purina ONE Lamb Meal and Rice Dry Dog Food.
- IAMS dry cat food — adult and kitten
- PURINA ONE Sensitive Systems Cat Food
- Cat toys
- Canned cat food
- Revolution (flea, tick, mite preventative) for cats/kittens
- Paper towels
- High-efficiency (“He”) style laundry detergent
- Frontline or Advantix Flea Preventative
- Garbage bags — kitchen and trash can — 30 and 40 gallon and up sizes
- Kongs for big strong dogs
- Hand/bath towels/washcloths
- Sheets and light blankets