Woman pleads guilty to drug charges
Published 8:16 am Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Lisa Kay Gomez, 35, of Minneapolis pleaded guilty to felony third-degree sales of a narcotic as part of a plea agreement on Monday in Mower County District Court. She initially pleaded not guilty to the charge on Jan. 4.
Charges of felony first-degree sales of 17 grams or more of cocaine or methamphetamine within a 90-day period, felony second-degree possession of 25 grams or more of cocaine or methamphetamine, felony third-degree drug possession of 10 grams or more of methamphetamine and felony fifth-degree drug possession will be dropped at the sentencing.
Gomez was arrested on Dec. 19 during a traffic stop. Gomez was a passenger in the vehicle and an officer recognized her as having a warrant in Steele County for failing to appear at a hearing.
Email newsletter signup
The officer searched the vehicle and found the following under or near the passenger side seat:
• a red bag that contained 8 ½ grams of marijuana and a “drug ledger,”
• a small bag containing approximately 11.44 grams of methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia, and a small pipe,
• a purple purse containing a marijuana pipe,
• a methamphetamine pipe,
• a second “drug ledger,” and
• a black backpack containing three pills of the painkiller hydromorphone; and a scale with residue.
A review of Gomez’s criminal record shows multiple convictions for drug possession.
She is awaiting sentencing for a felony third-degree possession of three grams or more of cocaine/heroin/methamphetamine conviction in Steele County.
She will be sentenced in Mower County on April 20.