WEATHER ANNOUNCEMENTS: Monday, January 22, 2018
Dangerous weather conditions today (Monday, Jan. 22) have led the following:
- All youth programs at the Austin Y are cancelled tonight.
- SMART Transit announced at 12:21 p.m. that it is shutting down services in Owatonna and Waseca counties effective immediately. This is for all services – Demand Response and Route. Route service in Albert Lea will shut down at 2 p.m. and Demand Response service will shut down at 4 p.m. Austin services continue to operate on plowed roads only and will only be traveling within city limits.
- GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS:
- The Austin Public Library will close at 5 p.m., today due to inclement weather.
- The Austin Utilities office will close today at 3 p.m.due to the severe winter weather. It will reopen at 8 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 23. Its 24-hour service line, 507-433-8886, will remain open and crews will be responding to service calls.
- Minnesota WorkForce Centers in nine southern Minnesota cities have closed for the remainder of the day, due to current weather conditions. Centers have closed in Worthington, Mankato, Fairmont, New Ulm, Albert Lea, Austin, Faribault, Rochester and Red Wing.All Minnesota WorkForce Centers are currently scheduled to reopen on Tuesday, January 23.Job seekers impacted by these closures can visit MinnesotaWorks.net, the state’s free online job bank, or contact their nearest WorkForce Center once they reopen on Tuesday.
- BUSINESS OPERATIONS
- Quality Pork Processors second shift production operations will not operate Monday, Jan. 22.
To submit a weather closure, email the Daily Herald at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The programming room at the Austin Public Library turned into a temporary art studio on Saturday as the Austin Public... read more