City Council to honor retirees Monday
The Austin City Council will be honoring this year’s city retirees during its meeting on Monday.
The retirees being honored are:
• Loren Allas, Street Department – 15 years
• Jay Carlson, Street Department – 28 years
• Paul Jenkins, Waste Water Treatment Plant – 35 years
• Mike Kanne, Sewer Maintenance Department – 33 years
• Joe Milli, Police Department – 31 years
• Ron Ripley, Building Department – 20 years
• John Sauer, Street Department – 26 years
• Randy Tapp, Street Department – 27 years
The council will also hold a public hearing on the five-year Capital Improvement Plan, which will focus on city plans in areas such as public safety, street improvements, sewers, and parks and recreation from 2018-2022. The council will vote on the plan after the hearing.
The council will also adopt resolutions to approve the tax levy and budget for 2018. Both issues were discussed at the public Truth and Taxation hearing on Dec. 5.
The council will meet at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 18, in the Council Chambers in the basement of City Hall. There will be no work session following the meeting.