Man uses garden hose to puts out fire near house, blames his dog

Published 10:29 am Sunday, September 17, 2017

A homeowner extinguished a potential house fire with a garden hose Thursday night.

According to Austin Police Chief Brian Krueger, officers and Austin firefighters responded at 9:31 p.m. on Thursday to the 1100 block of Fifth Avenue Northwest. When they arrived, the fire was out.

The owner said he had a fire in a burn pit and thinks one of his dogs pulled a stick out of the fire and dropped it in some leaves near the side of the house.

Email newsletter signup

Officers observed the north side of the residence had some charring.

The Austin Fire Department cleared the scene at 10:43 p.m. There was no report on the amount of damage.