Dexter hotel catches fire; Smoke and flames seen coming outside of air conditioning unit outside a first-floor room
Published 10:00 am Monday, December 26, 2016
DEXTER — The Windmill Hotel Conference & Banquet Center, 120 Minnesota Highway 16 in Dexter, caught fire shortly before 4:30 p.m. on Christmas Day.
The Dexter Volunteer Fire Department arrived on scene shortly after and put out the blaze, which was on the southeast side of the building.
One of the first witnesses on scene reported passing by and seeing smoke and flames coming from an air conditioning unit outside a first-floor room.