Polar Plunge for Special Olympics

Published 7:01 am Sunday, November 6, 2016

Show your support for team 10.MSO Mower County and the Polar Plunge by making a pledge or joining our team at https://reg.plungemn.org/team/10msomowercounty.

You’ve never jumped into frigid Minnesota waters in the middle of the winter? Well, we can help change that. Each year, the Polar Plunge challenges thousands of brave jumpers at numerous locations around the state. It’s a great way for everyone — individuals, organizations and businesses — to get involved in supporting Mower County Special Olympics and Special Olympics Minnesota.

All funds raised go towards programming and events for more than 100 athletes in Mower County and  8,000 athletes statewide.

Email newsletter signup

Think you have what it takes? The concept is simple: participants raise a minimum of $75 and take a dip into one of Minnesota’s frozen lakes. But the Plunges are so much more than that. They’re the kind of fun and thrilling events that you really have to experience to understand. Grab some friends, get pumped and register today.

If you have any questions please call 507-433-8994 or email office@thearcmc.org.

Rose sale coordinators needed

Rose Sale coordinators are needed throughout Austin and the surrounding communities to coordinate rose sales at local churches, businesses, etc.  Watch The Arc’s newsletter, website, Facebook page, weekly email update newsletter for more information. If you have any questions, please call 507-433-8994 or email office@thearcmc.org.

Let The Arc help you manage your finances

A Representative Payee (Rep Payee) is the person who will assist you with your finances. Social Security usually decides that you need a payee because they have

information that indicates you need help in managing your money. The Rep Payee maintains your individual accounts and is responsible for ensuring that your bills are paid and a budget is maintained. Your payee must keep accurate records of how they spend your money. Your payee must also regularly report this information to the local Social

Security office. If you have any questions or are interested in this service please call 507-433-8994 or email office@thearcmc.org.