Shed fire causes significant damage in Grand Meadow

Published 10:22 am Thursday, July 7, 2016

A Wednesday morning shed fire in Grand Meadow caused significant damage to hay and the infrastructure of the shed.

The Grand Meadow and Dexter fire departments responded to the fire shed at 4:44 a.m. at 72520 255th St. in rural Grand Meadow, according to Sheriff Teresa Amazi.

The property owner reported he woke up to a strong smell of campfire. He then realized the shed and the hay inside the structure were on fire.

Email newsletter signup

The fire departments extinguished the flame. The hay and shed suffered significant damage and there were no injuries.