Inspections found no dangers in house where fire killed 3

Published 9:56 am Tuesday, October 6, 2015

MINNEAPOLIS — An inspections report found no dangers in a north Minneapolis house where three children died in a fire over the weekend.

The city on Monday released an inspection synopsis for the house covering the time since the current landlord took ownership in 2013.

City spokesman Matt Lindstrom says the property owner has been responsive to orders.

Email newsletter signup

Fire officials suspect an oven used for heating may have caused the fire late Saturday. The rental house did not have natural gas service activated at the time for the furnace.

The Hennepin County medical examiner’s office has not yet identified the three victims. The Minneapolis fire chief says all three were under 7.