Mayo acquires 2 more properties near clinic
After acquiring the former A&W site in 2014, Mayo Clinic Health System in Austin is demolishing two more recently acquired properties near the clinic.
Mayo representatives confirmed the clinic purchased 906 Fourth St. NW and 400 Eighth Place NW. With these latest properties, Mayo has spent more than $1.2 million acquiring properties since 2012, according to Mower County public records.
The two most recent dwellings acquired were set for demolition this month, with plans for additional employee parking on one site and no formal plans yet for the other site, according to Austin’s Operations Administrator Scot Ramsey.
“Mayo Clinic Health System in Albert Lea and Austin recently purchased two properties near the medical center,” Ramsey wrote in an email to the Herald. “The owners of both properties contacted the medical center offering to sell their properties. These properties were purchased due to the proximity to current property owned by the medical center. We continuously review plans for the medical center’s strategic future growth and expansion.”
Mayo acquired 400 Eighth Place NW last December for $125,650 and 906 Fourth St. NW in March for $102,700, according to Mower County records.
The clinic bought the former A&W property, 1005 First Drive NW, last July for $350,000.
Mayo also acquired 1001 First Drive NW for $146,000, and it acquired to 907 and 911 First Drive NW properties from the same seller for $490,000 in 2012, according to Mower County public records.