Carbon monoxide blamed for fish house death

Published 2:24 pm Friday, January 23, 2015

The Waseca County Sheriff’s Office confirmed William Blom of Austin was the 41-year-old discovered dead inside a fish house on Clear Lake in Waseca Thursday.

The Ramsey County Medical Examiner has ruled Blom’s death was accidental and caused by carbon monoxide poisoning.

Blom’s father discovered Blom’s body shortly after noon Thursday.

Email newsletter signup

“This is most certainly a sad and tragic incident,” the sheriff’s office wrote in a post on Facebook.  “Our thoughts and sympathy go out to the family.”

North Ambulance and the Waseca Fire Department assisted at the scene.