No one injured in kitchen fire

Published 10:14 am Monday, August 25, 2014

No one was injured in a fire at the 1000 block of Fifth Street Northwest in Austin late Sunday.

Firefighters responded to a kitchen fire around 10:30 p.m. Sunday. According to Fire Chief Jim McCoy, the fire started in the kitchen and damaged cupboards, walls and the ceiling. The fire is still under investigation and will cost about $5,000 in damages.

McCoy said seven people in the home, five adults and two children, safely got out.

Email newsletter signup