Corn dryer a total loss after fire

Published 10:00 am Monday, November 23, 2009

A 60-year-old man was uninjured but his corn dryer was a total loss after a fire Sunday in Adams Township.

The machine belonged to Jon Canterbury of 66940 120th St. According to a report, the incident occurred around 10 a.m. Adams fire responded and extinguished the blaze.

The totaled dryer is a roughly $25,000 loss, and 580 bushels of corn were also destroyed in the flame. Sheriff Terese Amazi said the equipment likely simply overheated, which is relatively common this time of year.

Email newsletter signup