- Blooming Prairie softball team rallies past WEM | Add your comment
- Austin VFW baseball tryout set for May 3 | Add your comment
- Turner hits a hole in one at Meadow Greens | Add your comment
- Lyle-Pacelli softball team falls to Triton | Add your comment
- RCC baseball team sweeps Minnesota West | Add your comment
- BP’s Braaten takes fifth in BP golf invite | Add your comment
- Baseball: Blossoms get past Athletics | Add your comment
- Packer boys tennis team beats East, falls to Century | Add your comment
- Track and field: Packer girls take second and boys finish third | Add your comment
- Hayfield baseball team sweeps Triton | Add your comment
Readers have asked us why access to some of the Herald’s online content now involves answering a survey question. The reason is simple: To help keep the Herald’s website a free source of community news and information.
Many newspapers, including several in Minnesota, now have a fee for access to their web sites. Our goal is to keep the Herald site open to all.
There are, however, costs involved in gathering news and operating the website. So rather than charge for access, we have begun including reader surveys on some articles. This type of advertising provides us a small payment for each completed survey and, most importantly, costs our readers nothing.
No personal information is gathered in the survey process. Rather, the information is aggregated to give national companies general guidelines to help with their marketing campaigns.
We hope that these surveys, which take only a few seconds to complete, prove to be a good way to support our web site operations — without cost to our readers.