- LeRoy-Ostrander volleyball team swept by Schaeffer Academy | Add your comment
- Grand Meadow volleyball team swept by Randolph | Add your comment
- Hayfield volleyball team beats Pine Island in four | Add your comment
- Southland volleyball team swept by Caledonia | Add your comment
- Blossoms fall to Kenyon-Wanamingo in five games | Add your comment
- Basketball: BP’s Worke commits to Winona State University | Add your comment
- Girls soccer: Packers get their first victory | Add your comment
- Soccer: Packer boys blanked by Northfield | Add your comment
- Packer volleyball team goes winless in Dover-Eyota | Add your comment
- Packer swimmers take seventh in Prior Lake | Add your comment
Readers have asked us why access to some of the Herald’s online content now involves answering a survey question. The reason is simple: To help keep the Herald’s website a free source of community news and information.
Many newspapers, including several in Minnesota, now have a fee for access to their web sites. Our goal is to keep the Herald site open to all.
There are, however, costs involved in gathering news and operating the website. So rather than charge for access, we have begun including reader surveys on some articles. This type of advertising provides us a small payment for each completed survey and, most importantly, costs our readers nothing.
No personal information is gathered in the survey process. Rather, the information is aggregated to give national companies general guidelines to help with their marketing campaigns.
We hope that these surveys, which take only a few seconds to complete, prove to be a good way to support our web site operations — without cost to our readers.