- Track and field: Packer boys take second in Rochester Century triangular | Add your comment
- Southland baseball team tops Lewiston-Altura | Add your comment
- Southland softball team falls to PEM | Add your comment
- Track and field: GMLOS girls win SEC meet | Add your comment
- Girls track: Snater hopes to finish strong | Add your comment
- Lyle-Pacelli boys golfers fall to GMLO | Add your comment
- Hayfield baseball team falls to Kasson-Mantorville | Add your comment
- Packer tennis team knocked off by Northfield | Add your comment
- Blooming Prairie boys golf team edges out JWP | Add your comment
- Blooming Prairie baseball team falls to NRHEG | Add your comment
Readers have asked us why access to some of the Herald’s online content now involves answering a survey question. The reason is simple: To help keep the Herald’s website a free source of community news and information.
Many newspapers, including several in Minnesota, now have a fee for access to their web sites. Our goal is to keep the Herald site open to all.
There are, however, costs involved in gathering news and operating the website. So rather than charge for access, we have begun including reader surveys on some articles. This type of advertising provides us a small payment for each completed survey and, most importantly, costs our readers nothing.
No personal information is gathered in the survey process. Rather, the information is aggregated to give national companies general guidelines to help with their marketing campaigns.
We hope that these surveys, which take only a few seconds to complete, prove to be a good way to support our web site operations — without cost to our readers.