- Blue Devil baseball team splits with Luther JV | Add your comment
- Viking softball team tallies five homers in wins over ZM and Goodhue | Add your comment
- Baseball: Athletics use seventh inning rally to get past Blossoms | Add your comment
- Southland baseball team wins fifth straight game | Add your comment
- Blooming Prairie girls golfers top Triton, BP boys fall short | Add your comment
- Austin boys tennis team falls to Mankato East | Add your comment
- Southland softball team beats Dover-Eyota | Add your comment
- Hayfield baseball team knocks off Kenyon-Wanamingo | Add your comment
- Packer baseball team falls to Owatonna | Add your comment
- Packer softball team falls to Rochester Mayo | Add your comment
Readers have asked us why access to some of the Herald’s online content now involves answering a survey question. The reason is simple: To help keep the Herald’s website a free source of community news and information.
Many newspapers, including several in Minnesota, now have a fee for access to their web sites. Our goal is to keep the Herald site open to all.
There are, however, costs involved in gathering news and operating the website. So rather than charge for access, we have begun including reader surveys on some articles. This type of advertising provides us a small payment for each completed survey and, most importantly, costs our readers nothing.
No personal information is gathered in the survey process. Rather, the information is aggregated to give national companies general guidelines to help with their marketing campaigns.
We hope that these surveys, which take only a few seconds to complete, prove to be a good way to support our web site operations — without cost to our readers.