- Packer girls hockey team falls to Northfield | Add your comment
- Packer dance team takes second in Apple Valley | Add your comment
- The 2013 All-Herald Football Team | Add your comment
- Rebel girls struggle with turnovers in home loss | Add your comment
- Bruins fall to Minnesota Wilderness | Add your comment
- Superlark girls top Lanesboro | Add your comment
- Rumpza leads BP boys past Randolph | Add your comment
- Rebel boys fall to Rushford-Peterson | Add your comment
- Kruger leads Viking boys past Cobras | Add your comment
- Blue Devil men top Itsaca | Add your comment
Readers have asked us why access to some of the Herald’s online content now involves answering a survey question. The reason is simple: To help keep the Herald’s website a free source of community news and information.
Many newspapers, including several in Minnesota, now have a fee for access to their web sites. Our goal is to keep the Herald site open to all.
There are, however, costs involved in gathering news and operating the website. So rather than charge for access, we have begun including reader surveys on some articles. This type of advertising provides us a small payment for each completed survey and, most importantly, costs our readers nothing.
No personal information is gathered in the survey process. Rather, the information is aggregated to give national companies general guidelines to help with their marketing campaigns.
We hope that these surveys, which take only a few seconds to complete, prove to be a good way to support our web site operations — without cost to our readers.