Archived Story

Carbon monoxide tests negative at school

Published 10:05am Friday, February 7, 2014

SPRINGFIELD — School officials say it may not have been carbon monoxide that sickened 30 children and forced an evacuation of a southern Minnesota school.

Investigators initially suspected a carbon monoxide leak caused nausea and headaches at Springfield Public School Thursday. Thirty children were taken to Mayo Clinic in Springfield, where they were treated and later released to their parents.

Superintendent Keith Kotke said that professional readings taken inside the school so far have been negative for carbon monoxide.

Classes are canceled at the K-12 school where more testing is expected.

By using this website’s user-contribution features, including comments, photo galleries, or any other feature, you agree to abide by the terms of use. Please read this agreement in its entirety because it contains useful information that will help you better understand the rules and general "good manners" that are expected when contributing content to this website.

Sign in to Comment | Need help commenting? Click here

Editor's Picks