Archived Story

Man who died in St. Paul fire is identified

Published 10:20am Friday, November 29, 2013

ST. PAUL — The St. Paul Fire Department has identified a man who died of burns after a stove in his apartment set his clothes on fire.

The man was identified late Wednesday as William Clepper. The Star Tribune reports he died on his 57th birthday.

The fire happened Tuesday afternoon. Clepper is the second person to die in a St. Paul fire in the week, and the fourth this year.

On Sunday, a 38-year-old man who went by the name Guntoro died after he started a fire while smoking in bed.


By using this website’s user-contribution features, including comments, photo galleries, or any other feature, you agree to abide by the terms of use. Please read this agreement in its entirety because it contains useful information that will help you better understand the rules and general "good manners" that are expected when contributing content to this website.

Sign in to Comment | Need help commenting? Click here

Editor's Picks