Rotary looking for award nominations
Published 5:34 pm Friday, April 16, 2021
The Austin Rotary Club is looking for nominations to honor individuals who make exceptional contributions to the community.
Each person honored receives an engraved plaque at a ceremony held during a special Rotary meeting in October. A $200 donation will be given in the recipient’s name to a local charitable cause of choice.
• Educator of the Year: Teachers, administrators, counselors or other professionals currently employed by a private or public school in Mower County, preschool through college.
• Public Service in Government: Includes anyone currently employed by, or elected to, a local, state or federal government office located in Mower County.
• Community Service: Those working in a paid or volunteer position and epitomize the Rotary motto, “Service Above Self.”
Criteria for evaluating the nominees includes:
• Completeness of the application
• Demonstration of positive leadership in the community (can be the work community)
• Motivating others to excellence (including colleagues, employees or students)
• Demonstration of outstanding work and/or volunteer performance
• Focus on diversity, equity and inclusion
All nominations must be received by May 9, 2021. All nominations must be received by May 9, 2021 and can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to: Austin Rotary Club If you have any questions, contact: P.O. Box 703 Julie Clinefelter at 507- 433-2391 or Austin, MN 55912 send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.