18 candidates file for city and county offices
Published 6:01 pm Thursday, June 4, 2020
The filing deadline to run for Mower County and City of Austin offices in 2020 was 5 p.m. on Tuesday, June 2.
Mower County offices holding elections this year are County Commissioner Districts 1 and 2 and Soil and Water Supervisor Districts 1, 2 and 5.
Candidates running for county offices are:
Email newsletter signup
• County Commissioner District 1 – Tim Gabrielson (I)
• County Commissioner District 2 – Polly Glynn (I) and Ray Tucker
• Soil and Water Supervisor District 1 – Peter Mattson and Rodney Moe
• Soil and Water Supervisor District 2 – Micah Peterson (I)
• Soil and Water Supervisor District 5 – Jon Erichson (I)
City of Austin seats up for grabs this year are Mayor of Austin, three spots on the Utility Board and three seats on the Austin City Council (one in each ward).
Candidates running for city offices this year are:
• Austin Mayor – Jeff Austin, Brian Heimer and Steve King
• City Council (First Ward) – Helen Jahr and Oballa Oballa
• City Council (Second Ward) – Mike Postma
• City Council (Third Ward) – Paul Fischer (I)
• Utility Board Commissioner – Thomas Baudler (I), Tyler Hulsebus (I), Kristin Johnson (I) and Jay Lutz
Because three candidates are vying for one seat, the mayor’s race will be the only ones featured on the Aug. 11 primary ballot.