Eberhart poetry contest winners announced
The winners of the 2020 Eberhart Poetry contest were recently announced, though it was in a slightly different manner.
In past years, the winners were announced and read their works to the audience during the Eberhart Night of Poetry; however, because of COVID-19, this year’s celebration was forced into a virtual platform. All 22 finalists made clips of themselves reading their poems. The readings were then edited together into a video celebration, which can be found on the Austin Public Schools webpage at www.austin.k12.mn.us. The video is posted on the main page and can be accessed by all.
All 22 finalists receive a book of poetry courtesy of The Friends of the Library. One winner from each building will also receive a cash prize from an endowment established by the children of Richard Eberhart.
This year’s building winners were:
· Woodson Kindergarten Center — Emmaline Dundas (Kindergartner)
· Banfield Elementary School — Charlotte Bliese (fourth grader)
· Neveln Elementary School — Sawyer Loucks (third grader)
· Southgate Elementary School — Sophie Kaercher (fourth grader)
· Sumner Elementary School —Jacqui Delgadillo (fourth grader)
· I.J. Holton Intermediate School —Pleh Meh (fifth grader)
· Ellis Middle School — Nadia Hummel (seventh grader)
· Austin High School — Wren Clinefelter (junior grader)