Austin home damaged in Thursday evening fire
No injuries were reported after a Thursday evening fire damaged a home in Southwest Austin.
According to Austin Police Chief David McKichan, Austin Police and Fire responded to a house fire call at about 6:15 p.m. of Thursday at a residence in the 300 block of 12th Avenue Southwest. Austin Fire Chief Jim McCoy said the fire started in an upstairs bedroom after a propane torch was left on.
The three occupants of the residence were not at home at the time. Austin firefighters were able to successfully put out the fire and clear the scene by about 9 p.m.
McCoy estimates the house sustained about $35,000 in damages. The American Red Cross was called to assist the residents.
Blake Wheeler and the Winnipeg Jets would have been on the road last week, trying to make a final push... read more