Mower County Relay for Life update released
Published 6:07 am Tuesday, February 4, 2020
By Garrett Stadsvold
for the Austin Daily Herald
The American Cancer Society has released an update for Mower County in the lead-up to this year’s Relay for Life.
Mower County update
Email newsletter signup
• 2020 Honorary Chair conformation Andrea Severtson
• Relay for Life of Mower County kick-off is scheduled for 4-7 p.m. on Monday March 9. During this kick-off night, we would like volunteers to help clear tables at the end of the night. Generally, this kick-off would be a couple hours. More information to come on this!
• Team registration: We would like to get as many people to sign up as possible for the 2020 American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Mower County. The event will be downtown Austin like last year.
• Look for our Relay for life committee members at downtown events.
• We are looking for more food trucks, vendors, and any business that would like to sell their products during the day of the event or host kid-friendly activities. If there is interest, they can contact Jacqi Ruhter: email@example.com
• Relay for Life registration link: www.relayforlife.org/mowercountymn
World Cancer Day – Feb. 4
World Cancer Day was founded by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) in 2000 as a day designed to raise awareness of cancer globally.
The principal goal of World Cancer Day is to save millions of preventable deaths each year by raising awareness and providing education about cancer, as well as pressing governments and individuals across the world to act against the disease.
National Cancer Prevention Month
February is National Cancer Prevention Month. Encourage your friends, family, and followers to be healthy by sharing highlights and cancer prevention tips from cancer.org/healthy.