Critical need for blood and platelet donors after the holidays
Published 5:58 am Wednesday, January 8, 2020
ST. PAUL — The American Red Cross currently has a critical need for blood and platelet donors of all blood types — especially type O — to make an appointment now to give and help replenish the blood supply after the holiday weeks. Right now, the Red Cross has less than a three-day supply of type O blood.
Donors are urged to make an appointment to give now using the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting RedCrossBlood.org, calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or enabling the Blood Donor Skill on any Alexa Echo device.
Email newsletter signup
As a special thank-you, those who come to give blood and platelets Jan. 1-19, 2020, will automatically be entered for a chance to experience the Super Bowl live. The Red Cross and NFL have teamed up to offer one winner two tickets to Super Bowl LIV, entry to the official NFL Tailgate, tickets to Super Bowl Experience at the Miami Beach Convention Center, round-trip airfare to Miami, three-night hotel accommodations at The Alexander – All Suite Oceanfront Resort (Jan. 31 to Feb. 3), and a $500 gift card for expenses. Additional details are available at RedCrossBlood.org/SuperBowl.
Upcoming blood drives
- Jan. 14 – Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, noon to 6 p.m.
- Jan. 21 – St. Augustine Catholic Church, 1-7 p.m.
- Jan. 22 – Mower County Senior Center, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Jan. 27 – Holiday Inn, 1-7 p.m.
- Jan. 28 – Holiday Inn, noon to 6 p.m.
- Jan. 28 – Austin Eagles Aerie, noon to 6 p.m.
- Jan. 10 – Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 2-7 p.m.
- Jan 10 – Hollandale Christian Reform Church, noon to 6 p.m.
- Jan. 14 – St. Peters Catholic Church, 1-7 p.m.