Widow: Dangerous conditions at Braves’ stadium led to death

Published 7:40 am Thursday, June 27, 2019

SMYRNA, Ga. — The widow of a beer tap inventor who died inside a walk-in cooler at the Atlanta Braves’ stadium is blaming a faulty door mechanism and lethal carbon dioxide leaks.

Angela Keeling made the allegations in a wrongful death lawsuit filed Friday against the team and its contractors.

Todd Keeling, 48, of White Bear Lake, Minnesota, had worked an overnight shift to install his beer tap invention at SunTrust Park when he died in June 2018, his relatives told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Email newsletter signup

Colorless and odorless carbon dioxide filled the cooler, and Keeling became trapped inside because the interior door mechanism failed to work, the lawsuit states.