Memorial set for 2nd victim of school collapse in Minneapolis
Published 9:04 am Thursday, August 10, 2017
MINNEAPOLIS — A memorial service is scheduled this weekend for the second victim of a natural gas explosion that caused part of a Minneapolis school to collapse.
Minnehaha Academy says on its Facebook page the service for 47-year-old receptionist Ruth Berg will be held Sunday at 5 p.m. in the lower and middle school chapel.
A service was held last Sunday for the other victim, 82-year-old custodian John Carlson.
Email newsletter signup
The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating the cause of last week’s explosion.
A spokeswoman for Hennepin County
Medical Center said Wednesday the remaining person still hospitalized has been upgraded from critical to serious condition.
Minnehaha Academy is a private Christian school that serves students ranging from pre-kindergarten to 12th grade. The blast affected the “upper school,” which houses the high school.