Adams gas leaks cause evacuations
Published 8:42 am Friday, June 23, 2017
A natural gas leak forced 50 people in Adams to evacuate their homes on Wednesday morning.
According to Adams Fire Chief Curt Sheely, a road construction crew doing work on Highway 56 caused the leak after striking a four-inch gas main on Main Street at 7:51 a.m. Residences up to four blocks away were evacuated.
The Adams Fire Department, Police Department and Ambulance responded to the leak. Minnesota Energy was also on scene.
Residents were allowed to go back to their homes at 11:24 a.m. Gas services were restored to all of the homes by mid-afternoon.
No injuries or property damage were reported.