Helmet on stove cause of Tuesday blaze
Published 11:18 am Wednesday, June 8, 2016
A helmet left on a stove caused a small fire late Tuesday afternoon in the 300 block of Eighth Place Northwest.
Firefighters were called to 308 Eighth Place NW for a report of a fire and heavy smoke filling up the house at a little after 4 p.m.
“We responded to a report of smoke in a residence and people on the roof,” said Fire Chief James McCoy.
Email newsletter signup
When firefighters arrived they found three boys on the roof and quickly helped them off by ladder before putting the blaze down. McCoy said a plastic helmet had been left on the stove and somehow the stove was turned on to cause the blaze.
The house sustained minor smoke damage. Nobody was injured.