Beef cook-off is tomorrow
Published 10:21 am Monday, August 10, 2015
The Mower County Cattlemen Association is hosting a beef cook-off at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday in Crane Pavilion at the Mower County Fairgrounds.
Judging will be from 4:45 to 5:15 p.m. There is no entry fee for the contest, and the first 20 entries will each entry gets a $10 Beef Certificate.
For more information, contact Roger Jax at 507-438-0447, Taggert Medgaarden at Contact: Roger Jax 507-438-0447 or Taggert Medgaarden 507-440-6596 or email email@example.com.
Email newsletter signup
First Place: $100 Beef Certificate
Second Place: $50 Beef Certificate
Third Place: $25 Beef Certificate
Fourth Place: $10 Beef Certificate
Fifth Place: $10 Beef Certificate
Culinary Presentation Award (Food and Table Service) $25 Beef
1. Recipes must be cooked entirely on a barbecue grill at the fairgrounds. No electricity available.
2. You will be judged between 4:45 – 5:15pm
3. Contestants are responsible for furnishing barbecue grill, cooking utensils, card table, tablecloth, place setting, etc. for judging.
4. Recipe can use any fresh cut of beef (excluding organ meats), using a minimum of one pound of beef. The meat must be exclusively beef
5. Samples are to be offered to the public after judging.
6. May have one assistant, but may not help with cooking.
7. Contestants must be at least 18 years old.
8. Recipes must be available for the judges.
9. Decision of the judges will be final Judged as follows:
B. Ease of preparation and practicality- 20 points
C. Overall appeal- 30 points