Victims of carbon monoxide lived in camper

Published 9:56 am Friday, December 5, 2014

RICE LAKE TOWNSHIP — Family members say the father and daughter who died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning and two siblings who were injured were living in a camper in St. Louis County.

Rick Cozzi says his brother, Michael Mechley, did the best he could to get by and that his three children “were his universe.” The 39-year-old father and his 11-year-old daughter, Charlene, died in the 5th-wheel camper Wednesday in Rice Lake Township. Two other Mechley children, 15-year-old Karley and 14-year-old Noah, are being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at Hennepin County Medical Center.

Email newsletter signup