Snow-covered vents caused hospitalizations
Published 10:22 am Thursday, January 30, 2014
NEW ULM — Two of the three people who were sickened by carbon monoxide at their New Ulm home remain hospitalized.
Authorities say the incident serves as a reminder to check your home’s outdoor furnace vents to make sure they’re clear of snow.
Ninety-three-year-old Arnold Schweiss and his 90-year-old wife, Velma, are in satisfactory condition at Hennepin County Medical Center. Their son was treated and released from New Ulm Medical Center Monday.
Email newsletter signup