Woman suffers minor injuries in house fire

Published 10:53 am Monday, November 10, 2008

LYLE —A woman, cooking for a church dinner, suffered minor injuries in a house fire Sunday morning. According to a Mower County Sheriff’s Office report, Dyan Strouf was preparing food at the stove in her kitchen Sunday morning when the stove’s flame ignited a fire.

The Lyle Volunteer Fire Department was called to the residence at 807 Hollerud St., but the fire was extinguished before they arrived.

A private vehicle transported the victim to Austin Medical Center – Mayo Health System.

Email newsletter signup

No damage estimate was available, according to the report.