- Packer gymnasts take fourth at state meet | Add your comment
- Packer boys basketball team will play tomorrow | Add your comment
- Austin sixth grade boys basketball team takes second in Albert Lea | Add your comment
- Austin seventh grade girls take first place in Fairmont | Add your comment
- Austin seventh grade boys basketball team wins two tournaments | Add your comment
- Hanging with Bruiser | Add your comment
- Blue Devil comeback falls short against Western Wisconsin Tech | Add your comment
- Riverland women fall to Western Wisconsin Tech | Add your comment
- Packer wrestlers taking a shot at state | Add your comment
- Hagan earns track scholarship | Add your comment
Readers have asked us why access to some of the Herald’s online content now involves answering a survey question. The reason is simple: To help keep the Herald’s website a free source of community news and information.
Many newspapers, including several in Minnesota, now have a fee for access to their web sites. Our goal is to keep the Herald site open to all.
There are, however, costs involved in gathering news and operating the website. So rather than charge for access, we have begun including reader surveys on some articles. This type of advertising provides us a small payment for each completed survey and, most importantly, costs our readers nothing.
No personal information is gathered in the survey process. Rather, the information is aggregated to give national companies general guidelines to help with their marketing campaigns.
We hope that these surveys, which take only a few seconds to complete, prove to be a good way to support our web site operations — without cost to our readers.