- Track and field: Packer boys take second at AL | Add your comment
- GMLOKS girls win Triton track meet | Add your comment
- Blooming Prairie softball team edges out Randolph | Add your comment
- Golf: Hayfield’s Becker takes second in Triton | Add your comment
- Wingers beat Austin baseball team in extra innings | Add your comment
- Lyle-Pacelli softball team scores first win of the season | Add your comment
- Softball: Big inning slows down Packers | Add your comment
- Hulne: Bachnak provides agitation and leadership for Bruins | Add your comment
- Packer golfers take second at home triangular | Add your comment
- Hayfield softball team tops Goodhue | Add your comment
Readers have asked us why access to some of the Herald’s online content now involves answering a survey question. The reason is simple: To help keep the Herald’s website a free source of community news and information.
Many newspapers, including several in Minnesota, now have a fee for access to their web sites. Our goal is to keep the Herald site open to all.
There are, however, costs involved in gathering news and operating the website. So rather than charge for access, we have begun including reader surveys on some articles. This type of advertising provides us a small payment for each completed survey and, most importantly, costs our readers nothing.
No personal information is gathered in the survey process. Rather, the information is aggregated to give national companies general guidelines to help with their marketing campaigns.
We hope that these surveys, which take only a few seconds to complete, prove to be a good way to support our web site operations — without cost to our readers.