- Blue Devil men fall to Luther JV | Add your comment
- Basketball: Packer girls fall to Red Wing | Add your comment
- Blooming Prairie boys basketball team tops Alden-Conger | Add your comment
- Girls basketball: Landers leads Superlarks past Cardinals | Add your comment
- Packer boys hockey team falls to Dodge County | Add your comment
- Hayfield boys basketball team takes down Z-M | Add your comment
- RCC women top Luther JV | Add your comment
- Lyle-Pacelli girls basketball team opens strong in home opener | Add your comment
- Hulne: Superlarks won with class | Add your comment
- Packer boys beat Marshall with big second half effort | Add your comment
Readers have asked us why access to some of the Herald’s online content now involves answering a survey question. The reason is simple: To help keep the Herald’s website a free source of community news and information.
Many newspapers, including several in Minnesota, now have a fee for access to their web sites. Our goal is to keep the Herald site open to all.
There are, however, costs involved in gathering news and operating the website. So rather than charge for access, we have begun including reader surveys on some articles. This type of advertising provides us a small payment for each completed survey and, most importantly, costs our readers nothing.
No personal information is gathered in the survey process. Rather, the information is aggregated to give national companies general guidelines to help with their marketing campaigns.
We hope that these surveys, which take only a few seconds to complete, prove to be a good way to support our web site operations — without cost to our readers.