Crime, Courts & Emergencies
Two Austin residents received scrapes after a motorcycle accident involving deer Monday. Police Chief Brian Krueger said a 52-year-old Austin man and his 10-year-old grandson ... Read more | Add your comment
Readers have asked us why access to some of the Herald’s online content now involves answering a survey question. The reason is simple: To help keep the Herald’s website a free source of community news and information.
Many newspapers, including several in Minnesota, now have a fee for access to their web sites. Our goal is to keep the Herald site open to all.
There are, however, costs involved in gathering news and operating the website. So rather than charge for access, we have begun including reader surveys on some articles. This type of advertising provides us a small payment for each completed survey and, most importantly, costs our readers nothing.
No personal information is gathered in the survey process. Rather, the information is aggregated to give national companies general guidelines to help with their marketing campaigns.
We hope that these surveys, which take only a few seconds to complete, prove to be a good way to support our web site operations — without cost to our readers.
- Freeborn deputy could return to work; Investigation finds no discipline will be needed | Add your comment
- Rollover slows traffic on I-90 | Add your comment
- Alleged boat chase burglar pleads not guilty | Add your comment
- Police arrest 2 for drug-related crimes | Add your comment
- Drunk go-kart driver gets probation | Add your comment
- Former candidate back in court for possessing guns as a felon | Add your comment
- Brownsdale teen hurt in crash near BP | Add your comment
- Austin police looking for suspect who fled traffic stop on Sunday | Add your comment
- Driver hurt in I-35 crash: Ill. man airlifted to Rochester | Add your comment
- Iowa worker recovering after fall from tree | Add your comment