Crime, Courts & Emergencies
The Philadelphia District Attorney's Office issued an arrest warrant Tuesday in the five-year-old slaying of Austin man Beau Zabel, an aspiring teacher whose killer, police ... Read more | Add your comment
Readers have asked us why access to some of the Herald’s online content now involves answering a survey question. The reason is simple: To help keep the Herald’s website a free source of community news and information.
Many newspapers, including several in Minnesota, now have a fee for access to their web sites. Our goal is to keep the Herald site open to all.
There are, however, costs involved in gathering news and operating the website. So rather than charge for access, we have begun including reader surveys on some articles. This type of advertising provides us a small payment for each completed survey and, most importantly, costs our readers nothing.
No personal information is gathered in the survey process. Rather, the information is aggregated to give national companies general guidelines to help with their marketing campaigns.
We hope that these surveys, which take only a few seconds to complete, prove to be a good way to support our web site operations — without cost to our readers.
- Area to receive almost $5,000 for emergency program | Add your comment
- Alleged shoplifter struck parked car, arrested in Freeborn | Add your comment
- Convictions: Nov. 4-8 | Add your comment
- Driver pleads not guilty to fleeing, nearly hitting cop | Add your comment
- Traffic stop allegedly unveils 13-pound shipment of marijuana | Add your comment
- Austin resident pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting teen at KOA | Add your comment
- Austin mother ‘overwhelmed’ by break in son’s murder case | Add your comment
- Police: Arrest soon in AHS grad’s murder | Add your comment
- Woman arrested on Mower County warrant in Fergus Falls | Add your comment
- Former Brownsdale cop pleads not guilty to sexual assault | Add your comment