Crime, Courts & Emergencies
Members of the St. Paul Black Interdenominational Ministerial Alliance, NAACP and African American Leadership Council met Monday at New Hope Baptist Church in St. Paul ... Read more | Add your comment
Readers have asked us why access to some of the Herald’s online content now involves answering a survey question. The reason is simple: To help keep the Herald’s website a free source of community news and information.
Many newspapers, including several in Minnesota, now have a fee for access to their web sites. Our goal is to keep the Herald site open to all.
There are, however, costs involved in gathering news and operating the website. So rather than charge for access, we have begun including reader surveys on some articles. This type of advertising provides us a small payment for each completed survey and, most importantly, costs our readers nothing.
No personal information is gathered in the survey process. Rather, the information is aggregated to give national companies general guidelines to help with their marketing campaigns.
We hope that these surveys, which take only a few seconds to complete, prove to be a good way to support our web site operations — without cost to our readers.
- Different approach sought in drug changes | Add your comment
- 1 of 3 men pleads guilty to burglary | Add your comment
- Search on for sex offender: Known to have ties to B. Prairie and Hayfield | Add your comment
- Police seek sex offender with Steele, Dodge county ties | Add your comment
- 22 arrests made during DWI campaign | Add your comment
- Snowblowers reported stolen | Add your comment
- SUV recovered after Jan. 15 theft | Add your comment
- Car a total loss after fire | Add your comment
- Mobility scooter taken by 11-year-old | Add your comment
- Tools stolen from Institute housing construction trailer; Lock was cut over the weekend | Add your comment