Crime, Courts & Emergencies
Todd Richard Johnson, 43, of Austin. Convicted of two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct and one count of second-degree criminal sexual conduct. Sentenced to ... Read more | Add your comment
Readers have asked us why access to some of the Herald’s online content now involves answering a survey question. The reason is simple: To help keep the Herald’s website a free source of community news and information.
Many newspapers, including several in Minnesota, now have a fee for access to their web sites. Our goal is to keep the Herald site open to all.
There are, however, costs involved in gathering news and operating the website. So rather than charge for access, we have begun including reader surveys on some articles. This type of advertising provides us a small payment for each completed survey and, most importantly, costs our readers nothing.
No personal information is gathered in the survey process. Rather, the information is aggregated to give national companies general guidelines to help with their marketing campaigns.
We hope that these surveys, which take only a few seconds to complete, prove to be a good way to support our web site operations — without cost to our readers.
- Police: Arrest soon in AHS grad’s murder | Add your comment
- Woman arrested on Mower County warrant in Fergus Falls | Add your comment
- Former Brownsdale cop pleads not guilty to sexual assault | Add your comment
- At home on patrol | Add your comment
- Accused gas station robbers face felony charges | Add your comment
- Vehicle thief charged again | Add your comment
- Jury finds suspect in sexual assault case not guilty | Add your comment
- Thief nabs running, unlocked car | Add your comment
- Third shootout suspect gets three years in prison | Add your comment
- Drug dealer who sold to informant spared prison time | Add your comment