Courts and Crime
After taunting an officer twice, an Austin man was arrested for disorderly conduct and violating an order for protection Wednesday morning in downtown Austin. According ... Read more | Add your comment
Readers have asked us why access to some of the Herald’s online content now involves answering a survey question. The reason is simple: To help keep the Herald’s website a free source of community news and information.
Many newspapers, including several in Minnesota, now have a fee for access to their web sites. Our goal is to keep the Herald site open to all.
There are, however, costs involved in gathering news and operating the website. So rather than charge for access, we have begun including reader surveys on some articles. This type of advertising provides us a small payment for each completed survey and, most importantly, costs our readers nothing.
No personal information is gathered in the survey process. Rather, the information is aggregated to give national companies general guidelines to help with their marketing campaigns.
We hope that these surveys, which take only a few seconds to complete, prove to be a good way to support our web site operations — without cost to our readers.
- Albert Lea PD warns of scam | Add your comment
- 114 cited in seatbelt enforcement campaign | Add your comment
- Assailant charged with felony pleads to misdemeanor charge | Add your comment
- Austin resident pleads guilty to choking charge | Add your comment
- Officer, city reach deal on termination | Add your comment
- Second guilty in March drug raid | Add your comment
- Texan pleads not guilty to firing gun | Add your comment
- Police reports: May 31-June 2 | Add your comment
- Iowa man injured in I-90 rollover | Add your comment
- Packer Arena vandalized | Add your comment