No one injured in Lansing apartment fire

Published 10:18am Wednesday, July 9, 2014

No one was injured in an electrical fire at a small apartment building in Lansing Tuesday morning.

Austin Fire Chief Jim McCoy said the fire, which started a little after 6:30 a.m. Tuesday, did about $20,000 in damage to the building in part because firefighters had to dig out insulation to prevent it from spreading.

“It wasn’t a huge fire, but there was a lot of damage because there was so much work to be done to put the fires out,” McCoy said.

The fire started in the electrical wiring in a wall. Firefighters put out the flames relatively quickly but were still at the scene for more than three hours, McCoy said.

About 10 residents received assistance by the Freeborn/Mower chapter of the American Red Cross.


By using this website’s user-contribution features, including comments, photo galleries, or any other feature, you agree to abide by the terms of use. Please read this agreement in its entirety because it contains useful information that will help you better understand the rules and general "good manners" that are expected when contributing content to this website.

Sign in to Comment | Need help commenting? Click here

Editor's Picks