Jury finds sexual assault suspect not guiltyPublished 6:00pm Tuesday, November 12, 2013
A Dexter man, accused last December of sexually assaulting a child, has been acquitted of all charges.
After a five-day jury trial last week in Mower County Court, Jesse Steven Shulze, 32, was acquitted of three counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct and two counts of second-degree criminal sexual conduct. All charges were felonies.
According to the court complaint, the alleged victims said Shulze sexually molested one of them about three years ago. The alleged victims said Shulze would also watch them while they slept and threatened to choke them if they spoke up about the alleged assault, according to the complaint.
However, the jury did not find Shulze guilty on Friday, and he was acquitted of all charges.